ASHA for Education is a secular organization dedicated to change in India by focusing on basic education in the belief that education is a critical requisite for socio-economic change. Volunteers are involved with and support projects that are secular and have an education-related component to them. The objectives of this group are:
- To provide education to underprivileged children in India.
- To encourage the formation of various local groups across the world to reach out to larger sections of the population.
- To support and cooperate with persons and groups already engaged in similar activities.
- To raise the required human and other resources to achieve the group objectives.
- To provide opportunities to individuals living outside India who wish to participate in Asha activities in India.
- To address, whenever possible, other issues affecting human life such as health care, environment, socio-economic aspects and women's issues
STEP UP FOR EDUCATION!!
JOIN TEAM IWA IN RAISING FUNDS FOR EDUCATING UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN IN INDIA
Visit http://www.ashanet.org/purdue/index.shtml to learn more!